Community Service

You may be required to do community service in order to complete Diversion or as part of sentencing.

Community Service for Diversion

If you are a Diversion participant, you must do your community service in Athens county. Contact Dr. Kate Enger at the Athens Municipal Court to arrange your community service for Diversion. You can reach Dr. Kate at or (740) 566-4211. 

Community Service for Sentence or Fines

If you are required to complete community service hours as part of your sentence or to pay fines, you need to call approved sites to arrange your own hours. Call the sites listed on the form you got from the clerks when you checked out after sentencing. After you complete your hours, have the site supervisor sign the back of the form, then return it to the court. If you didn’t check out with the clerks, or if you need another form, please return to the Athens County Municipal Court and ask for a community service form at the window. The clerks can help you between 8 and 4 Monday through Friday except on holidays.

Community Service Opportunities

Business / Entity Phone Number
Athens County Historical Society & Museum (740) 592-2280
Athens County Library, Nelsonville Branch Only (740) 753-2118
Athens County Service Garage (740) 592-3343
Dairy Barn Cultural Center (740) 592-4981
Goodwill Industries (740) 592-4105
Hocking College Dept of Natural Resources (Norman Fox) (740) 753-6344
Keith Kittle, Lake Snowden Maintenance (740) 698-6373
Last Chance Corral (740) 594-4336
Nelsonville Food Cupboard (740) 753-3810
New to You (740) 592-1842
OU Campus Recycling (740) 593-0231
OU Service Facilities (740) 593-1611
Reuse Industries (Athens) (740) 594-5103
The Plains Volunteer Fire Department (740) 797-2911
The Village of Trimble (Doug Davis, Mayor) (740) 767-2341

Note: Do not deviate from this list without prior approval from the court.